Collection of Information
In order to use the Examplify for iPad application, a user must register his or her account with user credentials and agree to ExamSoft’s Exam Taker License Agreement. Users obtain their user credentials through their institutions. Once a user is registered his or her user credentials are stored in the app until the user unregisters from the Examplify for iPad application.
During registration, the app registers the user’s account, which includes information such as first name, last name, email address, user ID, and password. In addition, user registration information is gathered from all examinees for the purpose of verifying examinee registration for ExamSoft and its licensees, qualification of the examinee’s hardware and for customer support. User registration information includes: current app version; mobile device operating system brand and mode; device name; model and manufacturer; and OS locale.
ExamSoft may also collect, store, and use non-personal data collected during an exam including information about your computer, use of the application, IP address, accessibility features, memory, CPU, device storage, and battery information.
ExamSoft promises never to sell, rent, exchange or otherwise provide any personal information about you, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, school attended, courses or assessments taken and/or any related performance data, hardware type owned or used, and network location (IP address) to any third party, excluding administrators or exam managers at the institution, for any reason unless by court order or with your express permission.
Use of Personal Data
ExamSoft may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Check photo library count during secure exam;
- Determine Bluetooth connections;
- Determine network access;
- Track system time;
- Determine if iPad has been tampered* with or jailbroken;
- Log user activity;
- Comply with statutory and regulatory requirements;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; and
- To achieve the general objectives of ExamSoft.
Security of Personal Data
ExamSoft is committed to protecting the security of your personal data and takes reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, ExamSoft cannot guarantee its absolute security
Disclosure of Personal Data
- To the extent required by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish or exercise ExamSoft’s legal rights or defend against claims.
Effective date March 20, 2016