You are here
ExamSoft E.I.x is a light version of ExamSoft E.I. specifically designed to meet the needs of faculty or administrators who want an easy way to enjoy the benefits of computer-based testing. E.I.x offers administrators and faculty the opportunity to save time, obtain greater administrative control, and enhance exam security while giving students a dynamic user experience.
Explore Exam Intelligence eXpress
Forgo additional IT or infrastructure investment and enjoy enterprise-level backup and failover capabilities.
Build customized exam templates with preferred settings (i.e. time limit, security level, notices, and available test-taker resources such as a calculator or spell check.
Multiple question types
Create exams in essay or multiple choice format.
Test anywhere, using the delivery method of your choice, including student-owned laptops and iPads, and lab computers. Enhance reliability and security by eliminating Internet dependence regardless of delivery method. Eliminate capacity constraints and other common delivery challenges.
SofTest for Laptops/PCs
- Windows and Mac versions --- Leverage nearly any exam-taker or lab computer to deliver exams. View technical specs.
- Offline delivery --- SofTest does not rely on the Internet during the exam, which means you don’t have to gamble on the reliability of local WiFi, struggle with network capacity constraints, or wonder about the security of web-based solutions. See how it works.
- Controlled access during exam --- The software blocks exam takers' access to other files and applications, including the Internet, during exams, and monitors exam-taker activities to support in-class proctoring.
SofTest for iPad
- iPad delivery --- SofTest for iPad offers all the same features of SofTest for Laptops/PCs (above) with tailored user interface to optimize for delivery on iPads.
- Minimal network load --- Enjoy the benefits of a great mobile device without putting a lot of extra load on your network. Internet access is neither required nor permitted mid-exam.
Utilize instant performance data to improve student learning, engagement and retention.
Grade objective-based questions faster than ever, and easily rescore questions and repost results when issues arise.
Support & Training
ExamSoft provides helpful support and training for administrators, faculty, and students/exam takers at every stage of the process.
Training for administrators and exam managers
Receive tailored training with a live expert who specializes in making clients successful. Customized training for specific programs based on unique needs. View our specific program offerings >
Live exam taker support via phone, web, email, or chat
Rely on full-spectrum support for exam takers who are using SofTest to reduce the load on your IT group. Let ExamSoft troubleshoot student questions.
Live administrator support with a dedicated phone number and extended support hours
Pick up the phone, chat, or email with a professional assessment expert whenever you need help.
Initial configuration and process consultation
An implementation expert will provide actionable advice to ensure your solution is set up right the first time. Best practices, quick reference guides and other tools will ensure a smooth start-up process.
Computer Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher (32-bit only)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (any edition excluding Starter Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (any edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)
- Mac OS X Lion (10.7)
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
Minimum Computer Hardware Requirements
- 2GHz Intel® Core™/Celeron™ or equivalent x86 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 1GB of free hard disk space
- 1024x768 screen resolution
- Operating System: iOS6
- Hardware: iPad 2 or new iPad (third-generation)